Team Member Profile: Jim Fife
Today we profile Jim Fife, GM Service & Parts Director at #1 Cochran Buick GMC of Robinson. Jim has been part of Team Cochran for two-and-a-half years. It’s all you from here, Jim!!
1. My first job: A Lot Attendant at Wexford Dodge in 1985.
2. Three things that you’ll always find in my refrigerator: (1) a bottle of Absolut, (2) lemonade, (3) A1 steak sauce.
3. My favorite movie and reason why: The Outlaw, Josey Wales…The Civil War, the cinematography, classic Clint Eastwood.
4. My favorite book and reason why: The Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant. Fascinating to read in his own words from the man who was instrumental in salvaging this country. He was a determined individual who failed at everything except love and war.
5. My favorite inspirational quote: “I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson.
6. If the story of my life was made into a movie, the actor or actress who would portray the part of me would be: Ray Liotta or the actor who played the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket. Met him in downtown Pittsburgh.
7. My favorite business for exceptional customer service: Cabela’s … always very friendly and wanting to help.
8. My dream vacation: A Cape Buffalo hunt on the plains of Tanzania.
9. Favorite restaurant: The Springfield Grille.
10. Favorite entertainer: The Black Crowes.
11. Favorite Home-cooked meal: My mom’s spaghetti & meatballs.
12. Dream car: 1968 428 Shelby GT 500 KR.
13. Secret vice: Jelly Belly jelly beans.
14. You’d be surprised to know the following interesting facts about me: I have two Siberian Huskies, Sherman & Patton.
15. Top three things on my “bucket list”: (1) sky-diving, (2) visit the Great Pyramids and Temples of Giza and Karnack, , (3) visit the ancient Mayan cities of Peru and Mexico.
16. The farthest destination from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that I’ve ever been to on this Earth was: Kodiak Island, Alaska.
17. If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, I would choose to have dinner with: Abraham Lincoln … He triumphed with great sacrifice at the most difficult and bloody time in American history; a common man and a genius.
18. Favorite coach ever: My dad … He instilled his work ethic in me, and taught me that being a man was to be honest, take care of your family, and do what was right.