Team Member Profile: Erich Schoeneberger, Sales Consultant
Each month at the #1 Cochran family of car dealerships, we like to spotlight one of our team members in a profile showcasing their unique story and showing them off to the rest of the company…and the world. In this edition, we profiled Erich Schoeneberger, Allegheny Valley Pre-Owned Sales Consultant. Erich joined Team Cochran as part of the Charapp dealership acquisition in the summer of 2012. Let’s give it up for our man, Erich!
1. My first job: I worked for Hanlon Electric Company at age 14.
2. Three things that you’ll always find in my refrigerator: Sriracha sauce, beer and breast milk.
3. My favorite movie and reason why: The Big Lebowski ….”The Dude Abides”… That about sums it up.
4. My favorite book: “The Tao of Pooh” by Benjamin Hoff, or anything by Dean Koontz.
5. My favorite inspirational quote: “Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.” – Jimmy Buffett
6. If the story of my life was made into a movie, the actor or actress who would portray the part of me would be: Arnold Schwarzenegger… I was nicknamed “The Terminator” as a baseball pitcher growing up, and had a hard time pronouncing my “R’s”. That made me sound like Arnold.
7. The most famous person that I’ve ever met was: Dan Rooney… I walked down from the Northside to a Pitt football game with him.
8. When I was growing up, my friends called me: Shoney!
9. My favorite business for exceptional customer service: Disney… everyone has a magical day there!
10. My dream vacation: Enjoying relaxing time with my family, and seeing my son’s eyes wide with wonder. Destination: Unknown.
11. Favorite restaurant: Sausalito in Bloomfield… KFC is a close second.
12. Favorite entertainer: Dave Matthews Band.
13. Favorite Home-cooked meal: Meatloaf, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes – with Sriracha sauce, of course.
14. Dream car: Dodge Viper or my old 1990 Chevy G-20 Conversion Van named Herman (RIP).
15. Secret Vices: Doritos and Blanton’s bourbon.
16. You’d be surprised to learn the following interesting fact about me: I am a Grammy Award winning performer… in the shower, in my own mind’s eye!
17. Top three things on my “bucket list”: (1) Retire and open up Shoney’s Rum Runners Shack on the beach in the Caribbean, (2) retire and travel the United States RV style for a year with my wife, and (3) raise my son to be a good man and person.
18. The farthest destination from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that I’ve ever been to on this Earth was: The Caribbean Islands.
19. If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, I would choose to have dinner with: Ronald Reagan for an intellectual dinner, or Bill Murray for an entertaining dinner.
20. Three things in life that I could do without: (1) Taxes, (2) politicians, and (3) Justin Bieber.
21. Favorite coach ever: Joe Fincham… My college football coach and one of the most influential people in my life. Fincham mentored you to be a man, and become larger than life in all that you do. Not to mention that he was a spitting image of Bill Cowher in his younger days.